Friday, February 21, 2014

Angels

An Angel wonders why she is unknown
The child cries
She rubs tired eyes
Why does she have to wake and sleep alone?

An Angel feels she is losing her wings
As she's thrown down
And pinned to the ground
He says, "No man wants your broken being."

An Angel sobs and cries and asks God why
As mother goes
At the coffins close
Cancer has made her say her last goodbye

An Angel watches her first sons demise
Nails in hands
Hated son of man
But like these Angels, they teach us to rise

     Alma 50:30 "He was angry with [her] and he fell upon her and beat her much." This is the scripture that started this whole train of thought for me. ""If God loves her, why did He allow this to happen?" If God loves these three "angels" why did He allow them to go through so much suffering? If God loves his son, why did He allow His son to be hated and crucified by men? What do you think?
     There can be many reasons to be honest. One reason that I am going to pitch y'alls way is that God knew these ladies could take it. I'll just draw my reasoning from the scripture and the poem. (I'm sorry, I usually try to make this post all kicks and giggles so y'all will have something fun to read to make your day better. And plus us missionaries just writing our testimonies and giving online sermons is kind of boring. So I apologize. If you have problems, take it up with my superiors.) 
     So Angel #1. She's a dear friend of mine and she is a single mother. She is about my age and is trying to go to school, go to church and be a mother. I have a hard time just waking up in the morning, I don't know how she does it. But she does. I have some other friends in her situation and one said this, "You know, dating boys is all nice and dandy. They think I'm cute and want to take it somewhere. Then I let them know I have a kid and I usually don't hear from them again." But still they all push on. It's hard enough feeling Gods love but then to not feel it from most people around you, that has to make feeling loved and wanted even harder. 
     Angel #2 is another close friend of mine. This one I don't want to dive into much detail, but hopefully you can get what I am hinting at in the poem. Just the heart breaker for me was hearing her say, "What if he's right? What if no one wants me now?"
     Angel #3 is someone I have grown up with sense elementary. And in high school her mother got diagnosed with cancer. And when things were going really down hill we as a group of friends decided to have a group prayer and fast for our friends mom. I even dressed up for the occasion. I wore my older brothers prom vest and bow-tie to school. (I looked so fly.) And for one friend we had over 160 kids show up for the prayer. All for one girls mom that not everyone knew. It is sad, yes, but that was one of thee most powerful prayers I was ever apart of. I'm sure a dozen of other blessings came from this trial, but because of this one mom getting cancer, 160 kids in high school were able to feel the spirit of God in their life. To know that there was a God and that He is watching over us all. Her mother did pass away but not before she brought us all closer to God.
     With the second Angel, I was able to see the healing power of the atonement in someones life. To see someone so hurt by another actions. To have something taken away from her that can never be replaced. To have a memory that will never be erased. (OOooh, rhymed, I should write poems) But that she is still moving forward with a head held high. And then to hear her say she was thankful for what happened because she was able to help another go through similar things. To see that God can work miracles even the in darkest of times.
     Then to have the first Angel still pushing forward. Even though she has plenty of reason to give up. I have seen so many people on my mission give up where she's at. I have met kids who don't even know their parents because raising them wasn't in life's agenda. To see one young mother almost leave her child with her mother just cause she didn't want that extra "baggage" in life. And still this single mother is pushing forward. She struggles just like you and me, but she is still moving forward. Being an example to everyone around her that meets her or knows her. An example to never quit. An example of trusting in good days ahead. An example of enduring to the end.
     Finally, the scripture. Long story short, this girl wasn't hanging around with the best crowd. But cause of what happens, she leaves that group and really saves the fall of a nation. (Okay, that is me reading between the lines a bit...really it says if things would have continued in their present course, some bad stuff would have gone down) (My interpretation is better.) (Not saying Gods word aint complete...oh, you get what I mean) Because of what happened to her, something better was able to come out of it. Same with Jesus Christ. He was born basically to be sent to the slaughter house. But, why? John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Because there was a bigger plan at hand. That is why Mary was able to go through what happened with her son. Cause she knew it was going to be worth it. That is why Christ went through what He did, he knew it was going to be worth it. And for these Angels, they're still moving forward hoping that it will be worth it. Isn't that what faith is? Believing in something unseen? (Ether 12:6) So you keep going. Keep dreaming. Keep hoping. "It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us [He will not forsake you.] If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." - Gordon B. Hinkley



No comments:

Post a Comment